Saturday 21 April 2012

FOTD/A Mini Review

Hello!
So I meant to do a review of the BellaPierre Shimmer Powder in Champagne from the last She Said Beauty box a few weeks ago but as I have been busy with work and have been in a bit of a tumble with regards to my personal life, I've not really had the time to do a full face of make-up, let alone write up a review. However, today I'm feeling a little bit motivated so I thought I should take the opportunity to get a quick review in!
Now then, I mentioned in my SSB review that as soon as I saw the words "Shimmer Powder" I was a little disappointed but as soon as I did a swatch of it I instantly changed my mind! It was such a beautiful colour and can be worn during the day or at night (I'm not going to lie, the look I've done is more of a night look....what can I say, why not go all out right?!) I feel like I should pre-warn you that the photos were taken quite quickly as I needed to tidy my room but also the clothes I'm wearing are very "I've got a Saturday off and I'm not getting super dressed up to chill" and not at all to match my night out make-up!

So here is my generic "try not to look too ridiculous when taking pictures of myself..." pose. I did do a really light dusting of the shimmer powder over my blusher but you can't really see it in this photo I don't think. I have paired the shimmer powder with a simple flick of eyeliner and a red lipstick for a fairly classic look. I did have a bit of a debate over the lipstick colour choice, I do think a deep pink or even a bright pink would have worked really nicely with this. I'm not going to lie.....I got a little compliment on this photo from Mr "Who Knows?" (review from him coming up shortly on the Men Are Useless box) and frankly, it made me do a little smile and then inflated my ego way too much! Haha!


Ah! Wonky eyeliner! Always a winner. I hate that I can get it so nice on one side and not on the other! Anyway, you can clearly see the shimmer powder on my eyelids. It's such a beautiful colour and I really love how little you need to use for such great pay off. Like most shimmer powders it's a little difficult to use as it has a tendency to want to go everywhere, but as long as you use a good brush it's not that bad. I really like that this is a subtle colour, so I can (and have) used it during the day for a simple bit of extra oomph to my day look. I will be using this on many nights out I think as I absolutely LOVE how this looks with a tiny bit of eyeliner and I really really love how easy this look is to do! I did this at about 1pm today and even after some activities *ahem* this eye make-up is still going strong and looking almost exactly as it did when I first put it on! (it's now almost 10pm) I've just taken it all off and, unlike some shimmer powders, this was incredibly easy to remove without any trace left (no shimmery face for me tonight!) Overall I'm very impressed with this product and would definitely think about treating myself to one or more of the other colours on their website. They cost £12.99 and I've been so impressed with this product that it meant that the box was paid for already with this one!

Bonus Review! - The mascara I'm wearing is the 17 Va Va Voom one and I just thought I should give you a little bit of a review on it. I've been using it for a while now (I got it about 3/4 weeks ago with my Boots voucher) and I've had a few compliments on it. Today however, after using it with my ELF Mascara Primer, my Mum actually used the words "Are you wearing false eyelashes with that look?" and when I said no she said ".....are you sure?! Your eyelashes look amazing!" I've never had someone say that about a mascara! I do think this mascara looks amazing after putting it on top of the primer but I think it still looks pretty great without the primer. I've literally worn this everyday since buying it and I would definitely repurchase it once it runs out.

Products used:
  • Tropic Skin Revive Firming Nourishing Cream (From my Joliebox - I'll review this box soon)
  • No7 BB Cream in Fair (sample....I think I'll be purchasing this come payday!)
  • 17 Pressed Powder in Nicely Natural.
  • 17 Instant Glow Bronzer and Highlighter.
  • Natural Collection Blush in Pink Cloud.
  • No7 Beautiful Brows Pencil in 10 Brown/Black (My new favourite pencil for filling in my patchy growing out brows!)
  • MUA Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette (I use this very lightly over my eyebrows after the No7 one. I find that this one alone was too dark but the No7 one is a bit too light!)
  • Natural Collection Mascara in Clear (for setting my brows)
  • Naked Palette 1 in Virgin (for a base colour on my eyelids)
  • BellaPierre Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in Champagne.
  • Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pen in Black.
  • Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner in Jet Black.
  • ELF Mascara Primer.
  • 17 Va Va Voom Mascara in Black.
  • Studio Makeup Lipstick in Really Red.


That's a pretty long list of products for a really simple night out look! Haha! So what do you guys think? Have any of you got this shimmer powder or any like it? Any looks you can recommend at all?

Hope your all well!

Until next time,
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them and try to respond to all of them!