Sunday, 24 June 2012

Sunday Roundup

Hello!

So this week has seemed to go pretty slowly but, despite this, I seem to have barely got anything done! Uh oh! I've not got a huge list this week but here are my pros and cons anyway...

Pros:
  • I'm not actually moving out until next weekend now, which means I have more time to pack. This is SUPER helpful as I have way more stuff than I thought! However, this has given me a really good opportunity to have a proper clear out and get rid of stuff that I just don't need anymore. I have two wardrobes in my room and one is currently full of stuff for a boot sale/eBay/charity shops, which makes me feel quite good to be honest. It's nice to have a good old sort out and feel like you've really lightened the load - it kind of makes me feel a bit better mentally as well (if that makes any sense at all??)

  • My last day at Benefit was yesterday! I spent a lot of the day having a sneaky look over at my brand new shiny counter over at the Bare Minerals section. It looks so lovely! I'll try and get a photo of it to pop on here so you guys can share in my excitement! I start on Wednesday and will be helping the Area Manager to set the stand up properly - it was just a set of shelves and  little stand but now it's a proper little counter with a couple of turntables on top and some chairs, and a little stand next to it for testers of the double/quad eyeshadows! I can't wait to start and put all the testers in and stuff! Only issue that I have at the moment is that there was a delivery of stock on Tuesday evening that got turned away because it turned up at 6.10pm when we close at 6pm......so on Wednesday the delivery got taken to a different store instead, who then accepted in to their store and so I now don't have a lot of stock.... I really really hope that Bare Minerals manage to get another delivery out to my store before Wednesday, otherwise it's going to be a bit ridiculous.... Either way, I'm so hyped to be a Counter Manager and will be so protective of my counter! Haha!

  • As you may know, I'm a pretty big Superman nerd, so when Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes was released this week I knew I had to have it asap! I found a site that was selling it for £28.99 with a free Lego Lex Luthor! Plus they take Paypal!! Which means that I basically brought it for free! Playing as Lego Superman with the Superman theme playing made my inner nerd so incredibly happy! I love all the Lego games and the original Lego Batman was my favourite but I think that this one may well take that spot...

  • Things seem to be settling down at home after the last few weeks, although I had a super awkward moment with Mum the other day when I went "You should totally watch this episode of Futurama with me! It's awesome!" only for it to be about death with references to suicide.....Classic awkward Robyn moment! Haha! I'm the worst daughter! My Mum is also a little upset about me moving out as I'm the last of her three children to leave the nest and I think she's getting a little sad about it. I keep cheering her up by reminding her of all the things she won't miss about me though! Haha!

  • My blog turned 1 this week! I can't believe I've been blogging for a year already! I know I'm not the most frequent blogger in the world but I really do enjoy doing this. It's a nice way to waffle about stuff I like without boring my friends to death! Haha! I love the fact that people have all been so nice and that I've been able to have conversations with people from all over the world too. It's always nice to read other people's blogs too and get ideas from them about different products that you might not have thought about trying before. SO thanks to all my followers and to anyone I've been in contact with via my blog! You guys are all awesome!

Cons:
  • It's still another week til payday and I'm already worried about not getting paid properly. I'm hoping that I won't have these problems with Bare Minerals....

  • Packing makes me want to cry. I HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF!! Even with the nice clear out, I still have 5 boxes of books alone. I've been trying to stay upbeat about it but it's just so boring! I gave up today to have a nice lazy day of Lego Batman 2 and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

  •  Because of a huge lack of money, I wasn't able to go out my work friend's birthday. I was so looking forward to it but I just simply couldn't afford it. I did go for a few drinks after work yesterday with a few friends though which made me feel a little better but I was only out for an hour or two and because there wasn't any travel costs involved it wasn't that expensive. Even so....I probably shouldn't have brought the second drink or garlic bread. Absolutely NO spending at all this week!

So that's my little pros and cons list for this week. How are all of you? I hope you've all had a good week this week!

Until next time,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them and try to respond to all of them!