Saturday 19 January 2013

Daily Routine: Step Five - Night Routine

Hello!

Firstly, I hope you've all been...urm..."enjoying" the snow this weekend! I've been snowed in and had to call work with the cliche of "hey...so I can get out of the driveway let alone the village..." but apparently it's been absolutely DEAD in town and shops have been told by the police that it's better to close and go home whilst it's still light, rather than stick around and be completely stuck! I can tell you that snow days are no fun when you can't go anywhere at all and are suffering with a kidney infection anyway! I kinda hope I can get to work tomorrow (targets to make yeah?) but considering it's still a mild blizzard outside, I don't see that being very likely! (As I had to save this and return to it on Saturday, I can tell you all that no, I did not get into work today. The road outside is like ice and although I possibly could've gotten in....I probably wouldn't have been able to get home. Not cool.)

Anyway, enough about snow, on with the post! So this is the last bit of my main daily routine, the nightly ritual!

Cleanse:

  • bareMinerals Purifying Cleanser and Superdrug Cotton Wool Pads - Now then, you can use this at night as you would in the morning...dampen your face, rub one to two pumps of this onto your face and then rinse off....but we all know I'm fairly lazy with most things, so if I can cut a corner in my routine, I will! I brought this spray bottle in the 99p store but you can pick them up in places like Boots and Superdrug too I think. I pumped 32 pumps of cleanser into it (don't ask...I've got a thing about the number 32 for some reason!) and then filled it up with warm water. Give it a shake and then put a few sprays of this onto the cotton wool pads and it takes off all my makeup in a gentle way but also cleanses my face really well. It's absolutely great for eye makeup removal too I found and there isn't any residue and no need to tone afterwards either! BOOM! Laziness at it's finest! (Side note: I only seem to use the Superdrug Cotton Wool Pads now because I found that they are the only ones that don't fall apart, but equally don't feel like it's the thinnest bit of cotton wool on the world. Am I the only one who has a cotton wool pad preference??)
Moiturisers:


  • The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream - I'm in the process of using this up but I think I'll repurchase when it's run out. I really like the fact that although it's thicker than the day cream, it doesn't feel heavy. It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling nicely hydrated.
  • The Body Shop Coconut Beautifying Oil - I'm using this instead of a serum at the moment as my bareMinerals one has run out! It's ok and my skin does feel really smooth in the morning but I wouldn't replace my serum with this for the long term!
  • bareMinerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment - I literally can't even explain how much I love this product! It's the final step in your night routine and it's a powder that you buff all over your face. It's got the highest concentration of Active Soil Complex in it, which basically brings any impurities out, makes your skin smoother and helps to bring new skin cells to the surface making your face feel hydrated and plumper. I've seriously seen so much difference in the appearance of the pores on my nose, which is where I used to be most paranoid about blackheads etc, that I honestly can't live without this product in my life anymore! The only downside is that it's £45 for one pot. I mean that pot will last you ages...but still...it's a lot of money to fork out when you're working part-time! They do this in 4 colours but as I'm not fussed about people seeing me without makeup on, I have the shade "Clear" (the others are Light, Medium and Tan) 




A quick look inside the bareMinerals PTNT. That brush is so god damn soft!! I'd say the major downside to this packaging is that you can't see how much you've got left. That always annoys me as then you don't know when you need to buy more!

Body Moisturiser:

  • Johnson's Body Care Dreamy Skin Cream - I featured this in my "probably shouldn't have brought" series because I always forgot to use it. I've been making a huge effort to remember each night as a) I love the smell, b) I think it helps me sleep better and c) it makes me skin so freaking soft! The smell to me is just really comforting and just makes me feel like "yep...bedtime now!" which I think helps me relax a bit more as I'm trying to drift off to sleep. I've had this for a while now so I don't actually know if they still do it or not...I'll have to have a look in Boots next time I'm in there!
So that's the end of my daily routine series! What do you think of my night time routine? Anything I'm missing? Anything you want longer reviews on? Hope you're all having a good day and not having to go out in the snow!

Until next time,
xoxo




2 comments:

  1. Ah I use the Body shop beautifying oil too. I agree it really does leave your skin soft. I must try a serum though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the main difference between the body shop oil and a serum is how they sink in (I also find the body shop one feels a bit greasy on my skin) I must admit, the BM serum I was using was FAB for my patches of dry skin! xxx

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them and try to respond to all of them!