Sunday, 11 August 2013

Terri Lowe's Screw Beauty Tags, Let's Have a Music One!



Hello!


So a while back the lovely (and very funny!) Terri Lowe made her very own tag which was music related rather than beauty related. I really enjoyed reading hers and decided to do what all beauty bloggers who haven't come up with the tag....I've nicked it and filled in my own answers for you guys to read! I really like all these tags as it gives you a chance to find out a bit more about your favourite bloggers (I loved the Terri loves Interpol as they are one of my favourite bands!) Anyway...let's get on with it...


1. What are your 5 favourite songs right now?

Earthquake - Labrinth (feat. Tinie Tempah)

Grounds For Divorce - Elbow

Sound & Vision - David Bowie

Skinny Love - Bon Iver

Pulp Fiction - Motion City Soundtrack

(Also Can't Tell Me Nothing - Kanye West and Forsaken - David Draiman (from the Queen of the Damned soundtrack)


2. Who are your favourite bands of all time?

(I'm going to do what Terri did and list my top 10 artists)

Motion City Soundtrack
Interpol
David Bowie
Foals
A
Hot Chip
Elbow
Fall Out Boy
OMD
Mark Ronson


3. What is the most played song in your iTunes?

My iTunes has recently been completely wiped clean due to losing all the data on my laptop when I killed it. I know the top song used to be Interpol - The Lighthouse (it was my nap song at uni! Haha!) but at the moment it's Everybody Knows You Cried Last Night - The Fratellis

4. What was the last album you bought?

Another Story High - Me (technically an EP but it's the last thing I brought on iTunes! I need to get their full album soon though!)

5. What song can you not get out of your head?

Freaks and Geeks - Childish Gambino

6. What was the last single you downloaded?

Earthquake - Labrinth (feat. Tine Tempah) 

7. What is your favourite band right now?


My favourite band is always going to be Motion City Soundtrack because I listen to their music on a daily basis and never get bored of it....but I went to see them live last year and they were supported by a band called Me and I'm loving their stuff at the moment!

8. What is your favourite type of music?

I don't think I have a specific type of music as I tend to listen to a bit of everything. I'm not a fan of generic "pop" bands but even then the occasional song will slip into my music collection nicely. I do tend to prefer music where the bands play their own instruments though (even if this does happen to be a synthesiser!)
9. In your 25 Most Played list, what is #10? 

Sound and Vision - David Bowie!

10. What was the first gig you ever went to?

The All-American Rejects in November 2003. I went to school the next day and everyone thought I was sooooo cool for going to a "proper gig" Haha!! They were supported by Motion City Soundtrack as well....and my friend, Paul, brought me a copy of their album as a gift and I didn't listen to it for about 2 weeks after the gig. Now it's probably my favourite album.

11. What was the best gig you've ever been to?

This is a toss up between Mark Ronson in 2010 and Motion City Soundtrack in 2012. MCS was brilliant because it was in Oxford in the O2 place which is pretty small, and I was with my sister who I hadn't hung out with for a while. We got pretty drunk, sang along (yelled along) and danced a bit too! Mark Ronson was brilliant because it was myself, my sister, my friend from uni who I hadn't seen for ages and her sister....plus loads of special guests, great music and I lived the dream and got to sing along as the guy from Phantom Planet sang the theme song from The OC which I bloody loved when I was younger (CALLIFOOORNIIAAAAA, CALLIFOOORNIIAAAAA HEEEERE WE COOOOOOOMEEEEEE!!!)


12. And finally, if there was one band/album/song you would recommend everyone listening to RIGHT NOW, what would it be?

David Bowie for some awesome classic songs or Motion City Soundtrack for some amazing albums....or Interpol's self titled album because it made me cry - The Undoing is an utterly beautiful song. (Also Elbow's Seldom Seen Kid album as it's beautiful from start to finish! Clearly I'm crap at just picking one thing!!)


So there's my music tag for you! Let me know if you do this tag as I love reading people's music recommendations, especially when they are super passionate about the band. I tag everyone who reads this to do a music post and let me know when you've done it so I can maybe discover some new bands.


Until next time,

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Labrinth has an acoustic version of "Earthquake" out and it's pretty awesome! He turns into a totally different song! http://smarturl.it/EarthquakeAcoustic

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them and try to respond to all of them!