Sunday 8 September 2013

Current Skincare Routine! (featuring mainly bareMinerals stuff!)

Hello!

So I did this skincare post over 6 months ago and my skincare has changed an awful lot so I thought I'd do an updated skincare routine for you guys. I've been getting a lot of compliments on my skin recently and, although I still think my skin is a bit rubbish still, I'll take the compliments! Haha! So here's my current skincare routine for you guys....most of it is bareMinerals as a) I work for them and get it on my allocation and b) it's genuinely really helped clear my skin up so I've kept getting different bits of it to try out when my old skincare ran out, and have thus ended up with mostly bareMinerals skincare now!


Here is all my skincare stuff laid out together. I'll be honest, I didn't realise it was quite so much stuff!!


  • bareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser - This is my second bottle of this stuff in just over a year now and I'm super impressed with how long it lasts! You only need one or two pumps to wash your entire face in the shower (or over a sink if you prefer) and it really gets rid of all the make up and dirt too! It doesn't dry my skin out either which is a HUGE bonus for me as ever cleanser I've ever used has also made my dry skin under my eyes much much worse, but I think that's because they were always creamy/soapy cleansers with SLS in, which irritates my skin. 

  • bareMinerals Deep Cleansing Foam - This isn't actually a foam at all which confuses some people I think! It's quite a thick consistency and I only use it about once a month now as I don't feel like I need a deep clean more than that. It's really good at literally making your face feel squeaky clean and it cleans all your pores out too. This has lasted me almost a year now and there's still about 50% left! 

  • Clean & Clear  Exfoliating Daily Wash - I would not recommend exfoliating daily at all ever. But this is the only exfoliator that I own at the moment so I use it once a week maximum to give my skin a bit of a scrub. I'll be honest, I can feel when my skin needs a scrub so I only use it then and I won't use it in the same week that I've used my Deep Cleansing Foam either. I won't be buying this one again though as it's turned a little bit too harsh for my skin. I have the bareMinerals powder one on order but I've also been loving my sample of the L'Occitane Gel Exfoliator too, so I may invest in that one at some point!



  • bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer in Combination Skin - I'll be honest, I really didn't like the bareMinerals moisturisers to start off with...but then I realised I was using the normal/dry skin one and it was just a bit too heavy for my skin, which meant that it never really felt like it was sinking in properly! I switched the the combination skin one and now my skin feels awesome when I put it on! I barely need any of this either for it to do its job (the normal/dry one I would put lots on and feel like it just sat on my skin going no where fast!) I'm not sure why it took me so long to realise that my skin was combination, as I have a very oily t-zone but fairly normal/slightly dry cheeks. Obviously that is combination skin. What an idiot. 

  • bareMinerals Renew and Hydrate Eye Cream - Now then, if you've seen this video that I made a week or so ago, you'll know that I'm still on the fence with my eye cream. I love the feel of it and stuff, I'm just really pants at remembering to use it! This does give a really subtle illumination under the eye due to the gold peptides in it and I do notice the difference when I use it....I'm just really bad at remembering to actually use it!!
  • bareMinerals Active Cell Renewal Night Serum - As you may have guessed, I used this serum at night (although you can use it during the day too) This has meant that I've been waking up with THE softest skin ever in the mornings recently! I think I'm going to have to get the full size when this mini one runs out...although with the tiny amount you use, it's going to be a while until I need to do that!

  • bareMinerals Multi-Wrinkly Repair Serum - I use this one in the morning as I find it absorbs slightly quicker than the night one. I like the consistency of this one and probably prefer it's properties too. I like the slight lavender scent it has and just prefer it for day use, as the night one can be a bit tacky on my skin sometimes in the morning.


    • bareMinerals Blemish Remedy - I brought this a while ago and used it a lot then. It's a powder form of tea tree and willow bark (which makes it smell a bit like feet when you first open the pot to be honest!) It also has a touch of concealing to it too, which makes the redness of a blemish disappear almost immediately! This one is my go to little pot of awesomeness for when I have one of those horrible under the skin spots. Ugh. It makes the pain go away after about 10 minutes and then it makes the spot go away after about a day! Love it!! I don't actually have to use this that much anymore as the rest of my skincare means that I don't get anywhere near as many spots as I used to! Whoop whoop!


    • No7 Protect and Perfect Lip Care - I use this morning and night to help hydrate my lips and helps with the one deep(ish) wrinkle that I have by my top lip (lipstick always used to bleed into it) I love the scent of this as it isn't over powering at all and I love how quickly it sinks in. I don't really like lip balm that much as it always sits on my lips and doesn't feel like it's doing much. This was well worth the purchase as my lips haven't been anywhere near as flaky as they used to be.....fingers crossed it will continue to work during the winter months!!




    • Dior Instant Eye Makeup Remover - I freaking love this eye makeup remover so very much! I only really use when I've had heavy eye makeup on, as my normal cleanser works fine on normal eye makeup, but boy does this cut through heavy makeup quickly! And it doesn't sting if you get it in your eye or leave an oily residue. Love love love!

    • bareMinerals Purifying Cleanser mixed with water - I'm lazy when it comes to taking off my makeup at night (See above and not using eye makeup remover every night...) I love face wipes for how easy they are to use, but hate them for how bad they are for my skin.....so I've mixed a few pumps of my cleanser with some water so I can shake it together at night, spray it onto a cotton pad and voila! instant face wipes that is great for my skin! Works like a treat and lasts for ages!



    • bareMinerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment in Clear - Now then, I know this might seem a bit over the top, but I literally don't think I'll ever be able to live without this product in my life. People often ask me at work what my favourite product is on my counter, and it's always this. Always. I love the foundation etc, but this is what I credit most with making my skin as nice as it is now. In the first week of using it I had loads of spots come out as it dragged all the crap out, but I have barely any anymore! The main thing i think this really helped me with was my pore size on my nose. I used to look in my magnifying mirror and be annoyed/upset by how gross my pores looked to me on my nose. Even in the normal size mirror I could see that they were clogged with gunk and looking pretty open and gross. It was always the one thing I'd zoom in on first....and would then look at the redness round my nose to annoy myself further. Since using this baby, my pores have significantly shrunk on my nose and the redness around it has pratically halved in appearance. I honestly can't rave about this product enough. I recommend it to all of my customers and anyone who has tried it pretty much always comes back to buy the full size one! I've even had people bring their friends in to buy it because they love it so much too! This is quite pricey at £45 but considering mine is just running out and has lasted a whole year now and works so so well for my skin, I'm ok with spending that much on another jar! (that's £3.75 a month really!) Out of everything I use, this is the one that I recommend everyone adds to their skincare routine. It really is the most amazing product I've ever put on my face.
    So that's my updated skincare routine! It's only when I write it down that I realise how many things I put on my face before even applying makeup! What do you guys think of my routine? Any bits in there that you've used or want to try? What's your routine??

    Until next time,
    xoxo


    4 comments:

    1. thankyou for the very detailed post on your skincare routine. we love reading posts like these because it gives us so many new products to try out (although it may not be very good for our bank balances)!!

      www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha! I'm glad you enjoyed reading this post....sorry for being a bad influence on your bank balance though!! xxx

        Delete
    2. Hi Robyn,

      I've just found your blog and I'm really enjoying exploring it! This is such a great, thorough description of your skincare routine, I haven't reheard much about BareMinerals skincare so that was ingesting to read about too, their makeup gets such rave reviews, I'm not surprised their makeup is great! I am particularly intrigued by their night serum and night treatment, I think they will have to go on my shopping list...

      Zoe xx
      notesfromatwenty-something.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Zoe,

        So glad you enjoyed my post :) I sometimes feel like I waffle too much but it's good to hear that it's appreciated! It is strange how most people don't know about their skin care really. The night treatment is seriously my favourite thing ever! I definitely recommend giving it a go and used with the night serum....it's like waking up with baby soft skin! Let me know if you do end up deciding to try them :) xxx

        Delete

    Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them and try to respond to all of them!