Monday, 9 December 2013

Review: A New Winter Coat from Daxon!

Hello!

So I was recently contacted by Daxon and asked if I'd like to review a product I jumped at the chance as there are several things that I've taken to a fancy to on their website! It was a tough choice but I ended up picking a coat as I needed a new one and as it's turning rather chilly, I thought it'd be nice to pick a new one out! There were a few that I was considering but I went with this one because it's a flattering shape and not too over the top for an everyday coat. Plus I loved the grey colour and the slight detail on the shoulders. I got it in a size 14 as I thought I'd probably be wearing it over jumpers or lots of layers so the extra bit of space would be handy! Plus when you order online you can never be sure of the sizes really! The products I picked was out of stock at the time but once in stock it arrived quite quickly! I'd actually had a really bad day at work so when I got home I was really excited to a) have post (who isn't?!) and b) to try on my brand new coat! It was packaged really well and had a code for some money off my next order (promptly pinched by my Mum!)



Here is a lovely picture of me in my Superman lounge pants with an expensive coat on over the top... I went for a 3/4 length one because they suit me better...what with being such a shorty! I really like this coat so so much but it was simply too big on my shoulders. You can see that it's quite big around my waist instead of being more figure hugging like it's suppose to be. It's also rather long on my arms too. It felt lovely and warm on and the material was quite thick and heavy but without being like a horrible weight on me. 


This shows how long it was on my arms....I look a bit like I'm wearing my Mum's clothes! Speaking of which.....


...here is my lovely Mum wearing the coat! She's about 4 inches taller than I am so the coat was a perfect fit for her!


And with the buttons done up she looked amazing in "my" new coat!! She was very very happy to acquire it from me and it has now become her "posh coat"! You can see that her extra few inches of height really do make quite a difference. It cinches in at the waist a bit to give that nice hourglass figure and sits really nicely on her shoulders too. I would love a belt with this one too but I think that's because my old coat has a belt so it's what I'm used too! I love the feel of this coat and it feels very well made (my Mum makes clothes so apparently "knows a well made bit of clothing when she feels one"! haha!) This coat is £85 and is available here.


Overall I was very pleased with the delivery time and with the lovely quality of the coat. I would definitely purchase from Daxon again as I know the quality is very good and the packaging that it arrived in was sturdy and protected the coat very well. Some of their knitwear looks very cost for this time of year so I might be tempted to give myself a Christmas present soon.... 

Have you guys tried anything from Daxon? What do you think of this coat?

Until next time,
xoxo

This coat was provided to me for free by Daxon but, as always, all reviews are my own words and 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them and try to respond to all of them!