Monday 6 January 2014

Perks of the Job 2...

Hello!

So firstly I want to point out that this post isn't about bragging (although it may seem that way to some of you I guess...) I've been debating whether or not I should post about this for a while but at the end of the day, it's my blog so I'll post what I want to! Now then, working in the make-up industry means you get a few (or, depending on the company, a lot) of perks. I'm very lucky that I work for a company who are actually very nice to their staff, and considering I'm just a lowly retail worker, I actually get (what I consider) to be some amazing perks! Some companies get discount on lots of brands...for example if you work for a Lauder owned brand you get 65% discount on every brand owned by them (£5 for a Mac lipstick....or better yet...£12 for a Tom Ford one?! Yes please!) but each brand has a different perk really. Out of the counters in the store I work in, I'm considered to have the best perks really. Everyone else can buy their companies stuff on a super discount each month (as can I) but I also get a free product allocation 3 times a year (a few other companies do this too I think but not many) So, as a business manager I get to have up to £250 worth of makeup and skincare at retail price for free every 4 months! It's a very awesome perk that is very handy too, and as we're expected to wear the products, I think it's only fair that we get some for cheaper....but for free is even better! I hate to see money go to waste so I try to always make sure I use the whole £250 (I'm good like that you see! Haha!) So I thought I'd show you guys my allocation picks from back in October....


  • The Skinny Dip Bronzer - £24 - I have a small version of this in the Christmas Palette from 2012 but thought I'd grab a full size one...although I kind of wish I'd gone for The High Dive instead for something different. I'll be honest...I've not actually used this yet as the small one is lasting AGES and I'm trying to use it up before opening this....
  • The Dream Sequence Eyeshadow Quad - £29 - I love this eyeshadow quad and knew I had to get it as soon as it was released 6 months ago! We have a newness rule, which means that we can't order stuff within 6 months of launch as getting to the customers is obviously more important than staff having it as we can use the ones on counter for the 6 months (it helps you get to know your products....and for you to know which ones you love and want to order when you can! Haha!) The mink kind of colour is to die for and I'll post on this one separately when I get the chance because it's gorgeous!
  • The Scenic Route and The Grand Finale Eyeshadow Duos -  £19 each - Love the colours in both of these and I love the consistency of the eye shadows. I've been eyeing these up for a while and decided to just go for it in the end. The Grand Finale has truly Ann Summers type names for the eye shadows so that was a must have of course (Standing O and Climax!) and The Scenic Route is just a nice neutral alternative I think.
  • High Shine Eyeshadow in Electric - £15 - I'd never tried these and had £15 left on my allocation so just picked one at random! I like the consistency but I think they're a little too difficult to work with for me personally.
  • Purifying Cleanser - £15 - My everyday cleanser that was running out so I pretty much always order it really.
  • Exfoliating treatment Cleanser - £19 - The last cleanser that I hadn't tried yet. I like that this one can be used everyday as it's s gentle and the fact that it can be used as a face mask too is a bonus. It's a powder form that is activated with water and leaves my skin feeling epically smooth! Only downside....you can't keep it in the shower as it'll get a bit clogged up inside. 
  • Redness Remedy - £27 - I got this because I figured I should start on the redness round my nose with a skincare treatment rather than with a makeup item (Neutralizing Primer) Having seen the results that my Mum got from using it, I was excited to try it....but have found it difficult to get into my skincare routine so far! I will try harder now we're in the New Year and work has settled down again!
  • Multi-Wrinkle Repair Serum - £38 - My favourite BM serum. It's got a lovely lavender smell, it hydrates nicely and doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky at all.
  • Pure Transformation Night Treatment in Clear -£45 - Literally my favourite thing that bareMinerals do. It's made a HUGE difference to my skin and has decreased the size of the pore on my nose and decreased the amount of blemishes I get. It's also made me skin epically soft and just makes me feel better about my skin in general. If I could only have one thing by bareMinerals for the rest of my life, it would be this. Plus a pot lasted a year with me using it every night....so that kind of helps!
With my allocation this time, I tried to get some skincare and some makeup as most times it's mainly skincare I get for myself and, although it's nice to have free skincare, it's not that much fun to play with once your parcel arrives! I've got to put another one in this month (I'm not going to lie...when you own loads of BM stuff already, it can actually be quite tough trying to decide what to get without feeling like you don't really need it...it's a tough job, but I guess I'll have to do it....haha!) and i think I'm going to go more makeup than skincare as most of my skincare lasts for ages. I only really need to get a serum and maybe a moisturiser...the rest is going to be makeup for sure!! 

So what do you guys think? Did I use my allocation wisely or would you have gone after other things? (Baring in mind that we do have restrictions and cant's generally get sets etc on our allocations)

Until next time,
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them and try to respond to all of them!