Tuesday 2 September 2014

August 2014 Favourites!

Hello!

WARNING: Some ridiculous over explaining as to why I'm a terrible blogger! Haha!

So it's been a while since I did any kind of regular blogging really....and I honestly do want to change this!! It's been a really rough few months with my depression going full on cray-cray on me and leaving me with some new scars (one in a rather worrying place), a very confused brain that seems to think that getting in touch with people from the past would be a good idea (it would not) and some new pills that I don't like! It's been great times... However out of all this I've realised that one of the things that really does cheer me up is blogging! Now then, my main issue with blogging I think is that I set myself too many posts to do and then get overwhelmed before I even sit down to type one up....so I'm going to try to do at least one a week to start off with to get into a routine and then take it from there. Hopefully this will work and give me back something fun to focus on and to keep my brain active with exciting things rather than letting my depression beat me up again....

So...on with the August Favourites!!!

Now then, I find it really difficult to narrow down my favourites because I love loads of stuff month to month, so i tend to pile them all up and then sit down to think "now......what did I REALLY love and use more than once this month..." Makeup is particularly difficult as I work for a brand and therefore use their stuff 5 out of 7 days a week! To try and vary it up I only allow myself to add the bareMinerals products I've really really been loving this month and then I add in some stuff I've been reaching for on days off too.


So on with the first items...

Dior Addict Eau Sensuelle Perfume - I freaking love this perfume and it's just been discontinued!! Noooooooo!!!! It's a kind of light floral scent with a bit of sweetness to it as well. I'm not a fan of heavy floral scents but this one is just right for Summer. It stays on all day too, which is good as I clearly need to start conserving it!!

Rituals Qi Gong Anti-Perspirant - I love the scent of this deoderant and I love the fact that it doesn't set my Asthma off in the mornings like some sprays do! Also the fact that it works really well is a bonus too...

Clinique Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream - This mini stays in my handbag to hydrate my hands through out the day. I get quite dry hands throughout Summer due to using so much hand sanitiser at work so this is a handbag must have.

The Body Shop Mango Hand Cleanse Gel - Another handbag staple. I hate going to eat and not feeling like my hands are clean first. I get super clamy hands in Summer (lovely...) so I need this to make them feel clean again! Plus it smells AMAZING!

Mavala Nail Hardener - This is a recent discovery but it's love! Along with my hands getting dry due to hand sanitiser use/air con etc at work, my nails are taking a bit of a battering too. This has basically saved the day by stopping them from peeling as much as they were!




bareMinerals Blemish Remedy - Ah Summer.....how you love to bring out the blemishes randomly.... Luckily I've found my Holy Grail item to banish those blemishes! This is a powder you put on with a little brush that basically stops the blemish from getting worse, helps to heal it from outside and within (without the burn of liquid ones that can leave dry skin instead) and helps to stop further blemishes from joining the gang!

[comfort zone] Cleansing Milk - This came in my Glossybox for August so I've only had it for a couple of weeks but man do I love it!! It's so easy to use but leaves me skin feeling like it's just had a mini facial every night! Plus you can either rinise it off or just use cotton pads to take it off depending on how tired you are, which is a bonus as my new pills make me really really sleepy very quickly so if I've forgotten to take my makeup off before taking them, at least I have a lazy option! Haha!

White Rabbit Comfort Cleansing Balm - This has been my luxury facial cleanser for the month. I've had a bit of bad skin recently and this has been so gentle but because it contains rosemary essential oil I know it's also been slowly making my skin better too as rosemary is good for blemish fighting! My favourite thing about this has to be the smell which really can only be described as comforting...it just makes me feel so nice before bed! A tiny amount goes a really long way too and it takes off all remenants of my makeup so easily.


Estée Lauder Double Wear BB Glow - This has been my go to item for das off most of the time. It gives me coverage without feeling heavy and gives me a nice healthy look without looking shiny. I've also been using it underneath my bareMinerals original foundation for when I'm heading out on a day off too so I have a nice glow from within but want a bit more coverage.

bareMinerals Quad in The Dream Sequence - I LOVE this palette so much!! I would've worn it every single day to work if I could have....but when you're out of stock of a quad it's a bit frustrating for customers who love it on you and want to buy it! Everytime I've worn this palette someone has brought it at work! I think a lot of people get put off by the bright purple but it's so pretty when it's on as it has a kind of multi-tonal effect which draws your attention to it. The dark purple is a fab powder eyeliner for days that you don't want anything too intense too.

bareMinerals Blush in The One - My all time favourite blush by bM! It has pink and coral tones to it so it suits every single look that you might want to create. Plus I can change my lip colour and not worry about it clashing with the rest of my makeup.

Topshop Glow in Polished - I've been loving this cream highlighter in the inner corner of my eyes to make me look a bit more awake this month! I also love the very subtle glow it gives on my cheek bones too.

bareMinerals Ready Touch Up Veil SPF15 in Translucent - Another handbag essential all year round but especially for the warmer months. This is a compact of Mineral Veil so does everything that does (absorb excess oil, make pores/fine lines appear smaller, give a flawless photo finish etc.) but with the added SPF15 which is always handy for the days when the sun decides to shine in England!



bareMinerals Perfecting face Brush* - This is my absolutely favourite brush for liquid foundation from now on. It has a little dip in the middle surrounded by longer bristles on the outside and it just buffs my various liquids in so beautifully and evenly too! It's designed for bareSkin but works well with every liquid I've tried it with so far...including my Lauder BB Glow mentioned above!

bareMinerals Soft Sweep Cheek Brush - I rediscovered this this month in my stash of brushes and it's perfect for a soft sweep of brozer or blusher so I don't look overly bronzed!

bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Rebel - A perfect neutral lipgloss for every day. Exactly what I need in Summer!

Dior Addict IT Lash Mascara in Black - Loving the way this seperates my lashes and gives them length and volume at the same time. The fact that it doesnt melt down my face is a massive bonus also...

Revlon Lip Butters in Sorbet and Juicy Papaya - Both of these reside in my handbag fr a quick slick of colour and hydration when I'm out and about. I don't like taking my fancy lipsticks out during Summer in case they melt (noooooo!!!) and these lip butters are just great subtle colours to pop on in a hurry.


So those are my August favourites. Are there any items in there that you love or any you'd like more indepth reviews of?

Until next time,
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them and try to respond to all of them!